“Home is where my books are”
There are so many book quotes and quotes about reading to be found on the internet but this one really hits the nail on the head when it comes to the bond I have with my books.
I cannot ever imagine to not having a book around somewhere. There are numerous bookshelves in the house and although I have now chosen the ones I can pass on I am reluctant to give them away without knowing the person it goes to and the care they will get. Quite silly some would think .
But then there are also the “Must-Keep” volumes. They might be special prints, are of sentimental value, books I just love or just classics.
Here are 10 of my favourites:
- Nackt unter Wölfen by Bruno Apitz
- The Inheritance Cycle (Eragon) by Christopher Paolini
- Der Untergang Dresdens by David Irving
- Max & Moritz by Wilhelm Busch
- Harry Potter series by K. Rowling
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy by JRR Tolkien
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Oje ich wachse by Hetty van de Rijt & Frans X. Plooij
- Winnetou I, II and III (german)by Karl May
- Thornbirds (Dornenvögel) by Colleen McCullogh
His list is similar to my earlier posted blog.
What do you do if you have books that you cannot find room for anymore but need to find a loving home? xx J.